Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Go Red For Women Tour

And so began my week of raising awareness for Go Red For Women and The American Heart Association ... what an exciting and memorable week! It all began with all of my colleagues supporting Go Red by wearing red on National Wear Red Day ... THANKS to everyone at Physiotherapy Associates for supporting such an important cause. Heart disease is the number one killer in women ... it's certainly great to observe others as we use our voice to make a difference.

Pictured below with Kristine Ward and Tim Seymour, morning news anchors for KGAN. A special thanks to Kristine for our live interview urging all of their viewers to Go Red on Friday February 5th.

An unexpected surprise with Justin Roberts, weather at KGAN...he invited me to assist him with the morning weather forecast! What an AWESOME TV experience!!! Unfortunately, I did have to predict snow in the forecast ... BUT ... I still fit in a Go Red plug ... Red snow boots of course! :)

Look at the lovely "map" for me to point to in the background ... who knew it was just a green screen?!

Thanks Kristine for capturing what the forecast looked like on screen!

I think I need to come up with my official "sign-off" phrase ... maybe something like "Now let's find out what's happening in your backyard." Hmmm ... I better not quit my day job!

Thanks to Andy Petersen (pictured below) from WMT for interviewing me for Go Red and for encouraging all the AM 600 listeners to wear red on National Wear Red Day!

Pictured below with the ladies at KCRG before my interview to encourage listeners to participate in a variety of events this month to celebrate heart month.


No comments:

Post a Comment