Sunday, February 14, 2010

Go Red For Women Casting Call

February 13th was a very inspirational day at The Go Red For Women Casting Call. The event was held at The Iowa's Children Museum in Coralville, Iowa. This search was on for not only a local spokesperson for Go Red, but also a national spokesperson for the movement. Nine women across the country will be chosen and given the opportunity to "Speak UP for Heart Disease."


Pictured above: Anne (my fabulous sister-in-law) volunteered with me ... thanks Anne!!


CBS provided media coverage for the day. I'm giving a brief interview for them regarding the days events. They also interviewed several heart survivors at the event so they could share their personal passions for Go Red.


Anne and I spent time in the "holding pen" while women waited to recored their stories. Each woman recorded an interview with Kathryn Foxx from Mix 96.5 to share why they "Go Red."


Those of you that know me well are aware of the fact that I am rarely at a loss for words, but today was completely different. The experiences that these women shared with me were nothing short of miraculous. Pictured above and below with two amazing women who are recipiants of heart transplants.


I also had the opportunity to record my interview today ... thanks so much for the opportunity!


Heart Disease is the #1 killer in women.
90% of women have one or more risk factors for heart disease.

I am Feryl York Mrs. Iowa International 2010 and I GO RED to give EVERY woman a voice!

No comments:

Post a Comment