Thursday, May 27, 2010

LLS Gala

We ended The Man, Woman and Celebrity of the Year Campaign with The Iowa LLS Gala. This phenomenal event was held at The Meadows in Altoona, IA on May 15th.
I'm honored and excited to announce I was awarded 1st Runner - up this year! Our winner for the celebrity category was Olympic Gold Medalist Shawn Johnson! We are so honored to have Shawn advocate for LLS!

I am so honored to have my family with me during the amazing event! Pictured above are the inspirations behind my advocacy and philanthropy work for LLS. L to R: Dad (Don Redeker), Mom (Rhonda Redeker) and Mr. Iowa (Ryan).
We await the announcement of winners on stage ... drum roll please!

The Meadows was FABULOUS! We had an evening of fun with our honorary families and honorary chair (ISU Head Football Coach Paul Rhodes). I do think I even gained some points with Ryan by getting him an autograph from Coach Rhodes!

We also had a wonderful dinner and silent / live auction with all the proceeds going to LLS!

Thanks to all of our friends and family for supporting LLS!
Pictured Above: Theresa and Matt Fettkether.
Pictured Below: The BEST Mom and Dad a girl could ever dream of!
A mother holds her hand for a little while, BUT holds her heart FOREVER!
Mom ... you are my inspiration and I love you more than words can ever express!

Pictured below with two sweet little ladies! Jason Wulff is also a 2010 Candidate for Man, Woman and Celebrity of the Year ... these are his wonderful girls!

Ryan, I love you with all my being! I love that you willingly wear your cancer ribbon tie! You have inspired me to be the woman I have always wanted to be. You stand beside me and support me more than I could ever have imagined you would ... you constantly make me so proud to be Mrs. York!


No comments:

Post a Comment