Saturday, February 19, 2011

Light the Night

October 9th, 2010: I had the extreme honor to serve LLS as Eastern IA's Walk Chair for Light the Night. This honor has left me speechless. Together at Kinnick Stadium in Iowa City, we raised over $300,000 for blood cancer research ... GOOOOOO TEAM!!!

Thanks Team Live ... Learn ... Survive!
Mom and Dad came all the way from Illinois to make Team Live ... Learn ... Survive complete!

Mom, you are my inspiration! Your positive spirit and energy are contagious!

What an amazing honor to have my Mother and inspiration for Live ... Learn ... Survive by my side for this special event!

I had the opportunity to personally thank our participants. "With your efforts, my mother has a chance to FIGHT CML. LLS is the reason she had the opportunity to use Gleevec for nearly two years and now Sprycel is literally saving her life. Thank-you for your efforts just doesn't seem to say enough for my appreciation. Tonight, WE walk for a CURE!"

Terry Loebsack visits Live ... Learn ... Survive.

I had the honor of "crowning" Terry!

Thanks so much for your support Congressman Dave and Terry Loebsack ... it means the world!

It's time to Light the Night Eastern IA!

Anne and Mom helping out at The Live ... Learn ... Survive Tent.
Anne~I can't thank you enough for all your love and support ... I am truly blessed to call you my sister in-law!

"The Gang" getting geared up for Light the Night!


No comments:

Post a Comment