Sunday, November 8, 2009

Naional Council on Youth Leadership (NCYL)

In September, Ted Kepros, PT (Physiotherapy Associates) and I were guest speakers for Eastern Iowa's NCYL Conference at Kirkwood Community College in Cedar Rapids. NCYL's focus is to empower the youth of America by recognizing and fostering high ideals of leadership and integrity. Ted and I challenged Iowa's young leaders to "Dare to Make a Difference." While highlighting the importance of mental, physical and emotional health, I highlighted how becoming an advocate for The Leukemia and Lymphoma had changed my life and led me toward my quest toward Mrs. Iowa International. These individuals were truly inspirational. It was a great experience and I truly feel we are in good hands ... these children are our future!


1 comment: